These programs have been specifically designed to honor grief by helping patients and their loved ones express their feelings in a safe environment supported by the guidance of our experienced, compassionate professionals.
- Hospice and Camp HUG (Honoring Unique Grief) — When an individual faces the end of his/her life, art and music can offer enrichment, comfort and the opportunity for reflection. In addition to Reverence Home Health & Hospice patients, our HUG program is available through day camps in the community.
- Art Therapy—Collaborating with a trained art therapist, hospice patients and family members may use artistic sessions to express thoughts, emotions and anxieties, and communicate and reflect issues that feel confusing or challenging.
- Music Therapy—Specially-trained therapists and interns share music with hospice patients to provide relaxation, comfort and stimulation, as well as foster memories and movement.
Grief support for children and families
For children, the death of a loved one or friend can have a significant, long-term impact on their life. To help children overcome feeling powerless against their grief, Reverence Home Health & Hospice provides both individual and group support.
Grief support for adults
- Creative Crossings—This six-week program helps children and teens learn with the death of a loved one by encouraging expressions of their grief through creative outlets.
- School and Camp HUG (Honoring Unique Grief)—Art therapy groups may provide a sense of safety where grieving kids and teens can relax, as well as convey thoughts and feelings at their own pace. Reverence Home Health & Hospice offers HUG support group/art therapy sessions for school systems and as an annual day camp for families.
Losing a loved one is difficult. It may raise questions that have no simple answers and stir emotions that are not easily settled. And going through grief is difficult but it is part of the healing process.
Reverence Home Health & Hospice offers grief support sessions that are designed to provide a safe environment to talk about feelings as they relate to loss, to learn new ways to cope with these feelings and changes in one's life and to identify new sources of strength and hope.
Previous Page | Print this page|
Find a Location
Enter your zip code below to find Reverence services nearest you.
View Larger Map