716 German Street
Tawas City, MI 48764
Volunteering is a gratifying experience—both professionally and personally. By choosing to volunteer you may gain:
- Personal satisfaction and fulfillment, knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life
- An opportunity to share your gifts and talents with others in need
- Greater self-knowledge from our training program, as well as from relationships with patients and families
- The ability to meet people and make new friends
- A way to stay connected and involved after retirement
- Satisfaction from giving something back to your community
Volunteers are needed throughout our entire service area, which encompasses the counties of Bay, Gladwin, Saginaw and Tuscola. Opportunities include:
- Patient-family volunteers—Provide companionship, respite for family caregivers, errand running and other important support for individuals at home or in a long-term care facility.
- Bereavement volunteers—Help grieving families of hospice patients through phone calls or assistance with support groups and related programs.
- Spiritual care volunteers assist patients and families in conjunction with any involved clergy.
- Vigil care volunteers are available to sit at a patient’s bedside in the last hours of life to ensure that no one dies alone.
- Community education volunteers - Represent Reverence Home Health & Hospice at fairs, festivals and community events.
- Administrative volunteers—Assist staff in a wide range of important duties, such as data entry, filing, copying and mailings.
Volunteer Training and Flexibility
Along with offering you convenient hours to match your availability, Reverence Home Health & Hospice also provides training and ongoing education that will enable you to perform exceptionally as our volunteer. Volunteers are required to go through 12 hours of formal training before they can volunteer. The training program is spread out over two weeks, with day and evening options available.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or would like more information, please fill out our online form or call toll free: 888-246-6322.